GoToMeeting is a web-hosted service created and marketed by the Online Services division of Citrix Systems. It is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software that enables the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time.
GoToMeeting is designed to broadcast the desktop view of a host computer to a group of computers connected to the host through the Internet. Transmissions are protected with high-securityencryption and optional passwords. By combining a web-hosted subscription service with software installed on the host computer, transmissions can be passed through highly restrictivefirewalls.
GoToMeeting was developed in July 2004 by the Online Services division of Citrix in Santa Barbara, California, using the remote access and screen sharing technology from GoToMyPC andGoToAssist to allow web conferencing.The later release of GoToWebinar in 2006 and GoToTraining in 2010 expanded GoToMeeting capabilities to accommodate larger audiences.
GoToMeeting is sold in two editions. Single-user accounts, originally called GoToMeeting Personal, first launched with desktop sharing, chat and integrated audio conferencing. Multi-user accounts, previously GoToMeeting Corporate, also included management and central administration services for teams and enterprise users. Later versions added support for VoIP, session recording, and annotation tools to both editions. GoToMeeting featuresnow include:
- Mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android devices
- End-to-end encryption and authentication security provided by a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Web site with end-to-end 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and optional passwords
- Specific application sharing for showing only selected programs with attendees
- Multi-monitor support for a client PC
- Meeting recording and playback for recording and saving meetings to a user desktop for later review
- Total audio package provides toll based phone or conferencing via VoIP.
- GoToMeeting hosts up to 15 users and one organizer while GoToMeeting Corporate offers up to 25 users with multiple organizer option.